...is a luminous, multi-genre vocalist, who has performed nation-wide, inspiring audiences with her smooth, powerful voice and infectious, uplifting energy. Come see what all the buzz is about...
Katia Cardenas has been performing since an early age. She emerged on the Twin Cities music scene in 2014, and has quickly risen to prominence, performing at numerous respected local venues, including Icehouse, Dakota Jazz Club, Crooners, Jazz Central Studios, Hell's Kitchen, Black Dog, St. Paul Saint's games and more!
- June 2017 - Performed as a featured solo artist on the 5th Street Stage at 2017 Twin Cities Jazz Festival
- June 2017 - Debuted an Ella Fitzgerald Tribute Show, in honor of Ella's 100th Birthday, with Jazz Alley
- August-October 2016 - Performed weekly on the patio at Golden's Lowertown with Jazz Alley, a group that started following the "Singers Scat Off," featuring Maryann Sullivan and Sarah Greer, during the St. Paul Farmers Market
- June 2016 - Organized and performed in the first ever "Singers Scat Off" at the 2016 Twin Cities Jazz Festival along with five other Twin Cities jazz vocalists at Golden's Lowertown in St. Paul, MN
- June 2016 - Released her debut EP, "I'll Be Seeing You" (see "Press" for reviews), a self-produced, seven track album recorded at Ant Recording Studios, mixed by Wondertone Productions. The CD is available for download on iTunes, CD Baby, and Amazon Music, or you can stream the it on Spotify, Apple Music, YoutubeMusic and more!
- August 2015 - Joined Casablanca Orchestra - a nationally renowned touring show band.
- Spring 2015 - Released "The Seed," a single which she co-wrote and recorded with local hip-hop artist, SEE MORE PERSPECTIVE
- June 2013 to Present - Performs as an active member of the Twin Cities Cabaret Artists' Network (TCCAN), a performance group dedicated to honoring the New York-style Cabaret tradition of storytelling through song
- Every Thursday evening - Hosts the Vocalist Night at Jazz Central Studios, which was created to spotlight established singers, as well as up-and-coming vocalists from the Twin Cities
- Periodically posts new videos and tracks on Youtube or Soundcloud
- Sends out e-newsletters about upcoming events, and posts regularly on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Subscribe to Katia's e-newsletter (see sidebar), and follow her on social media